Saturday, May 10, 2014

People are important

Yesterday I went to Monticello's Market. Thirty feet into the store and already four people had welcomed me with a smile. The service was great!  Today I had my oil changed at Thrifty Lube. Four people were working there and they treated me as if I were the most important person in the world.

What I noticed in both situations was that the people in these workplaces felt very important as they were treating me with such respect. Their self-respect was reinforced by giving respect.

It is the norm in our world to blame, criticize and ridicule people who see things differently than we do. The criticism makes us feel a little bit superior--but it does not add value to ourselves or to others.
It diminishes both.

Attribute importance to others whether you agree with them or not. By offering value to others you help to lift them, and yourself, up. You receive what you give.

Books by William Frank Diedrich at http://noblaming.com
The Road Home,
Beyond Blaming,
Adults at Work.

"One of the main reasons my wife and I got back together, was reading Beyond Blaming." Michael C.

"I gave my husband Beyond Blaming to read and our marriage changed for the better over the weekend. Thank you." Christine L.,

No comments:

Post a Comment