Friday, November 9, 2012

Diversity

I enjoy living in a diverse world where other people look and think differently than me. I like it that others don't agree with me on politics or spirituality. If we all thought the same and looked the same, what would there be to learn? It would be like driving on ice with no brakes. We need the resistance of differences.

Diversity in thought, culture, worship, and philosophy teaches me forgiveness, inspires new thoughts, challenges my assumptions, and helps me to articulate my own thoughts.

Different does not = wrong.  Different = Different.
Bless, rather than blame those who appear different from you. They are only different in the role that they play on this earth. Others, like you, are made in the image of Spirit. We are all cut from the same cloth.

William Frank Diedrich, author of
Adults at Work and Beyond Blaming
http://adults-at-work.com

No comments:

Post a Comment