Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Judgment and perception

Judgment creates perception. We each see what we want to see.

If I think a leader is incompetent, no matter what s/he does, I will see incompetence.
If I think a leader is great, no matter what s/he does, I will see greatness.

My perception confirms my judgment. I present it as fact, yet it is not.

We do not see another as long as we are caught by our own judgments. We see only the image we have constructed of another. Our perceptions of others are self-fulfilling prophesies we believe as real.

In order to see clearly,  judgment must be set aside. Give it up! Don't believe what you think of someone else because it probably isn't true.  See them with new eyes. Call forth that which is highest and best in you (Higher Self, Spirit, etc.) and intend that you will see someone exactly as they are.

William Frank Diedrich, author of
Beyond Blaming and Adults at Work.
http://adults-at-work.com

Reference: ACIM

No comments:

Post a Comment